[no subject]

From: Kelly Ilia <halbritter -at- EDCVAX -dot- DNET -dot- GE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 16:56:20 EDT

re: standards - sort of

I had to emerge from lurking in the shadows of this board.

Andreas, I share your hostility for governments policing language. However,
have you ever read Beowulf in the original text? Does Anglo-Saxon, the
"original" English, even remotely resemble Modern English?

No it does not, because languages adapt and mutate, hence the expression "living
language". IMHO, adaptation does not equal obsolescence.

Best Regards,

Kelly Halbritter
Translator/Technical Writer