Re: Listowner msg:Re: enough of Andreas; how about you?

Subject: Re: Listowner msg:Re: enough of Andreas; how about you?
From: Carl Stieren <stieren -at- DEV -dot- SIMWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 May 1994 13:05:48 -0400

Patrick,

Your criticism of Andreas was a bit harsh. You're a good person who shares
his knowledge with other tech writers, but I'm afraid you've no choice but
to endure the messages of someone who, in your opinion, makes mistakes -
even repeated ones. Andreas, too, is a generous person who also shares is
knowledge and experience with others - he told us Canadians how to access
the Nova Scotia Technology Network's Internet Resources to find any LISTSERV
list by topic or any USENET Newsgroup by topic!

But none of us is immune from sticking the odd foot in his or her mouth at
times.

Furthermore, the TECHWR-L list has, in a short time, become a community.

And to quote Bob Luker, veteran organizer and co-ordinator of co-operatives
in Toronto,

"Community is where that one person you don't want to be with always is."
Carl Stieren...........................Technical Writer........Simware,
Inc....................Ottawa, CANADA

|"The earth to be spann'd, connected by net-work...

| The oceans to be cross'd, the distant brought near,
|
| The lands to be welded together." (W. Whitman, d. 1892)

stieren -at- dev -dot- simware -dot- com -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- -dot- Home Internet:
ag231 -at- freenet -dot- carleton -dot- ca
I write Simware docs, but do not speak on behalf of the firm.........Tel:
(613) 228-5100 x4040