Re: Prepositions ending sentences

Subject: Re: Prepositions ending sentences
From: Sue Stewart <suepstewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 21:36:13 EDT

>>Original: The number the system begins numbering orders at.
<snip>
>>My basic philosophy is to write so that users aren't distracted by
unnatural
>>structures, which I think the "at which" and other clauses to move the
>>preposition tend to cause.

>>(BTW - I know this is a lousy example <snip>)

Actually, I'd have to see a "less lousy" example to answer your question, as
I find the "begins numbering orders at" at least as clumsy and distracting
as the alternative. When there's a third method so much better than either
examples, the question is simply moot.
:-)
suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com