Re: Andreas latest job h...

Subject: Re: Andreas latest job h...
From: Sue Stewart <suepstewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 10:39:32 EDT

>> The point is: would you pay $5,000 for a course which results in
> a $50,000 job? Of course.

You're not going to learn anything in a 5-day course that will get you a $50K
job. You may learn some interviewing skills or something, that will HELP you
get that $50K job, but you won't be able to pick up the homeless high-school
dropout and run him/her through 5 days and generate a $50K job.

So a 10% commission on that $50K job is pretty stiff. Yeah, my agent gets a
commission, but she goes out and does the sales work for me, she doesn't just
tell me how I can do it for myself.

When lawyers/doctors go to those $1K-a-day seminars, they usually expect to
increase their billings by $100,000 or more. That's a 1% investment. Big
difference. When they'll pay me a couple hundred thou for tech writing, I'll
be interested in a $5K course! All is relative, y'see.

suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com