Re: Connotation vs. Denotation

Subject: Re: Connotation vs. Denotation
From: Sue Stewart <suepstewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 20:36:45 EDT

if the word makes my users unhappy. If the connotation is severely negative,
then surely I can find some other word which is just as unambiguous and
doesn't have unfortunate baggage to tote. To suggest that connotation is
irrelevant is to ignore the user--and for us, the synonym for user is
"customer."

Remember, regardless of the facts, perception is reality!

suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com