STC Conference Tips

Subject: STC Conference Tips
From: Matt Abe <MATTA%county -dot- lmt -dot- mn -dot- org -at- HARVUNXW -dot- BITNET>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 12:35:08 CST

The 41st STC Annual Conference in Minneapolis is a little over two
weeks away. Here are some tips from Saul Carliner on getting the
most from your STC Conference experience:

I'd like to offer a few suggestions for getting the most out of STC
Conferences:

Do NOT make a firm plan of sessions you plan to attend until AFTER
you arrive at the conference.

When I was planning the 1989 STC Annual Conference, some of the
speakers dropped out a month or two ahead of time. I replaced them
with far superior speakers on far more interesting subjects, but no
one attended these sessions. People didn't read the Final Program to
see which gems had been added at the last minute. People made firm
selections before arriving at the conference and weren't leaving
themselves the flexibility to benefit from last minute additions to
the program.

****
EXPLORE COMMUNICATION at the 41st STC Annual Conference,
May 15-18, 1994, Minneapolis, Minnesota
****

Matthew Abe Internet: matta -at- county -dot- lmt -dot- mn -dot- org
Documentation Group Leader
LaserMaster Corporation
7156 Shady Oak Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55344