Key-whacking

Subject: Key-whacking
From: Steve Owens <uso01%eagle -at- UNIDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 1994 15:46:57 +0700

> line, but she did half as a joke. I think there have been articles
> about how unkind it is to strike or depress a key ("key abuse"?).

Well, why do you think they call it a CURSor? :-) I've seen
entire essays (some rather erotically sado-masochistic) on this topic...

> I favor "press." It's so simple and direct. If you're worried about
> readers holding down the key too long, define "press" and "press and
> hold" in your preface (although we all know no one ever reads it).

Heh, tell me about it... we recently had an incident here where
a department head got all confused about an italicized variable in a
book - because he hadn't read the preface, and didn't realize that italcis
denoted a variable.

Steven J. Owens
uso01 -at- unidata -dot- com