Re: I still love crayons.

Subject: Re: I still love crayons.
From: Steve Owens <uso01%eagle -at- UNIDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 1994 16:04:49 +0700

> The distinction I use between illustration package drawings
> (Adobe, Frame graphics tool, SuperPaint etc.) and gray
> scale drawings is in terms of intended quality.

> Gray scale uses shades of gray similar to chiaroscuro to
> capture dimensionality (photo quality).

> To me, an illustration package drawing implies a generic
> tool design that uses the textures bar to its fullest.

Ah. Well, as long as sufficiently clean lines are used, I don't
think the extra quality in shading will detract from the clarity of the
graphic. We have artists here (in the marketing dept, but...) who use
full 3-D texturing and rendering techniques to produce marketing fluff.
It's still very clear and easy to follow, however.

Steven J. Owens
uso01 -at- unidata -dot- com