Science Writing

Subject: Science Writing
From: fretz <tscom002 -at- 129 -dot- 25 -dot- 3 -dot- 11>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1993 18:06:01 -0500

Recently had a guest speaker in my grad "Practice of Tech/Sci Comm" class
who does science writing for the Phila Inquirer. She had a basic
journalism background and started with a small newspaper eventually to come
to do Science Writing. What experience(s) have the members of this list
had in the area of Science (technical) writing. That is, writing stories
about science.

I personally found it to be quite interesting and important (since for a
time Science was "out" as far as of general public interest). Any personal
experiences would be appreciated. I think I would like to work my way into
this field (currently I work as a support person for a major pharmaceutical
company in Fort Washington, PA) and am trying real hard to get a "real job"

Alicia Fretz
Drexel U
tscom002 -at- dunx1 -dot- ocs -dot- drexel -dot- edu