Re: Educational -v- Informative Writing & Frame ?s

Subject: Re: Educational -v- Informative Writing & Frame ?s
From: gary dettmers <garyd -at- TEKELEC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1993 14:25:27 -0600

Well put Fred.

I too, am a Frame user. I used Interleaf prior to Frame and I thank my boss
for his understanding when I complained about the difficulty in using
Interleaf.

Yes, Frame documentation is not the best, but read it any way. There is
enough information in the manual(s) to find out how to use the software if
you're really trying. For professional writers (I gave up engineering because
I lost intererst due to insurmountable stress) there comes a time when we all
need to be creative in dispersing information to our readers. Along the same
line, we need to be creative thinkers when confronted with information that
is not clearly stated.

Remember, if something is not easy to use and the written instructions don't
provide clearly stated procedures, ask someone for help. If the person you
ask can't help, ask someone else. if that person can't help you, return to
the first person and restate the question in a different manner.

I found asking people to be extremely helpful. By the time I returned to the
first person I asked, the answer usually came to me on my own.