Re: meetings on video

Subject: Re: meetings on video
From: Ken d'Albenas <kendal -at- AUTOTROL -dot- CUC -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1993 13:59:15 MDT

LaVonna,

You wrote:

> I have a videotape of Tom Warren (STC Fellow)...

> I might be able to make a copy for another chapter, but
> I'll have to check with Tom and Barbi Harrison first.

Please put Alberta Chapter on your copy list.

As you know, we're a far-flung chapter like you,
and I'm getting pretty excited about the VCR potential
not only for our growing Edmonton contingent, but
also to serve those lone members in places like
Saskatoon, Vermilion, Lethbridge, and Ft. McMurray.

We're planning to tape a double-header talk in
Edmonton this Saturday (Designing Effective Manuals
and SGML). If the tapes turn out well, I'll be
making them available.

I think we're onto something here. Viva Internet, eh?
I hope this will help smoke out some people who do
video production rather than writing, and who never
thought about joining STC before.

Cheers,

- Ken

Ken d'Albenas
President, STC Alberta Chapter
(-::
Replies to: kendal -at- autotrol -dot- cuc -dot- ab -dot- ca
Flames to: kendal@/dev/not