Re: FrameMaker

Subject: Re: FrameMaker
From: Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1993 09:06:38 PDT

Hi Matthew, and thanks for the info. I'm always lurking back
here, even if you don't always see me! :)

You said you're keeping GEM Ventura around for old documents you
don't often update, and that the GEM formats IMG and GEM don't
translate to Windows. Were any of your documents in the Windows
version of Ventura when you made the conversion? We are currently
using the latest Windows version (which almost, but not quite,
approaches consistency with Windows standards -- the folks at
Ventura seem to be having trouble coming up with a true Windows
product).

I'm embarrassed to say we have had a demo copy of Frame for a few
months now, but breathing room has been hard to come by and probably
will be for a bit longer. My SO has also bought Frame for his
business and we now have a copy at home. I'm supposed to help him
with a network user guide he wants to do in Frame, so I have no
excuse -- I will definitely evaluate it this summer, one way or
another!

I know there have been several items about conversion to
FrameMaker, including that article about converting from Ventura,
but if anyone else has any stories on this subject I'd be interested
to "hear" them!

Thanks,

Faith Weber
weber -at- easi -dot- enet -dot- dec -dot- com