Re: FrameMaker

Subject: Re: FrameMaker
From: Matt Abe <MATTA -at- COUNTY -dot- LMT -dot- MN -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1993 12:42:15 CST

On 30 Jun 1993, Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM> wrote:

> You said you're keeping GEM Ventura around for old documents you
> don't often update, and that the GEM formats IMG and GEM don't
> translate to Windows. Were any of your documents in the Windows
> version of Ventura when you made the conversion?

No, we never did use VP for Win. Too many of my colleagues around
Minneapolis warned me to stay away from the first VP for Win
releases. I heard that the latest release is much improved, however.
Besides, we were happy with VP/GEM, and it uses direct printer &
display drivers for the older LaserMaster products we were using.

> I'm embarrassed to say we have had a demo copy of Frame for a few
> months now, but breathing room has been hard to come by and probably
> will be for a bit longer.

Faith, I think you will be glad you checked out FrameMaker. I hope
you get the room to begin breathing again soon.

Regards,

Matt Abe

Matthew Abe Internet: matta -at- county -dot- lmt -dot- mn -dot- org
Manager, Engineering Services
LaserMaster Corporation
7156 Shady Oak Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55344