Re: FrameMaker and VP for Windows

Subject: Re: FrameMaker and VP for Windows
From: Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1993 11:37:47 PDT

Matt Abe writes:

>No, we never did use VP for Win. Too many of my colleagues around
>Minneapolis warned me to stay away from the first VP for Win
>releases. I heard that the latest release is much improved, however.

Just for the record -- while the latest VPWIN is improved, and has
features it should've had in the first release (IMO), it's still
"not there yet". Most of the problems are just little annoyances, like
I have to hit Escape a lot to refresh the screen, which gets messy
whenever I look at it crooked. But I have also had a couple of
crashes when I wasn't doing anything that radical. While I still
like Ventura's philosophy of maintaining separately the graphics, text,
etc. files used in a document, the product seems to be struggling
compared to various newcomers. Oh well -- software's a cruel business.

> I hope you get the room to begin breathing again soon.

So do I, and if I do, maybe I'll regain my ability to figure out
where the %$# -at- %$# I'm sending my mail messages! :)

Faith