hope none of you wrote this

Subject: hope none of you wrote this
From: Matt Hicks <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1993 13:12:59 -0600

This little gem comes from the README file that came
with a software package we recently purchased:

"When this option is checked, the multiple symbol for a
particular point will be the same as the symbol for the
points contained within it if all the points that make up
the multiple have the same symbol. This is the black and
white equivalent of the `Same color as components' option."

I don't think there's anything "black and white" about it. :-)
Actually, having used the software and read this section
about ten times, the meaning is finally clear to me. Just
try reading this out loud to someone, though, and see what
kind of response you get.

-Matt "the speedskating techwriter" Hicks
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu