Re: dress code

Subject: Re: dress code
From: Stewart Lindsay <slindsay -at- WATARTS -dot- UWATERLOO -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 14:26:40 -0400

I don't know what it's like down in the States, but a couple of months
ago, IBM-Canada (one of the few divisions to make a profit last year)
actually did away with their corporate uniform. I can't remember the
details, but I think R&D people and others who don't meet clients have a
fairly relaxed new code, while even the Sales/Marketing people now have
some leeway. The Globe & Mail carried a picture of the IBM-Canada
President in a brown sports coat - Can you believe Earth tones at Big Blue?!