Re: Licensing tech. communicators

Subject: Re: Licensing tech. communicators
From: Stuart Selber <SSELBER -at- MTUS5 -dot- CTS -dot- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 21:26:55 EST

i.e. certification for technical communicators. An old argument, indeed. And
one I can't support. Mainly because it would require *someone/somebody* to
decide on what *counts* as technical communication - who is in and who is
out. And the biases of those make such decisions would certainely exclude many
who write about some sort of specialized knowledge, be it about computer
software or modern dance. But I do think as a profession we should give
ourselves plenty of opportunity for continuing education.

Stuart Selber
Michigan Tech