[no subject]

From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 08:32:44 CDT

> From: Steve Hollander <HOLLAND -at- IPFWCVAX -dot- BITNET> writes:

> 'cause they're sure clearer in an index. Which do you prefer:

> Widgets 4-3-5-1 (i.e. Page 4-3 to Page 5-1)
> Widgets 4.3-5.1

I (we) prefer

Widgets 4-3 to 5-1

over both of the above. Or use an M or N dash to denote the range and a hyphen
for the section-page combo:

Widgets 4-3 -- 5-1

This only because we use 4.3 and 5.1 as section numbers, the confusion between
page 5.1 and section 5.1 would be too great.

We use Interleaf 5.3 on Sun 4 workstations. Interleaf is a maniacal RAM and
disk space hog, but it is the most powerful publishing tool available on the
market. I'm not sure I could justify the cost for my home system, but I am sure
that all of this power saves Texas Instruments money and time in the long run.