Document Publishing Software Review

Subject: Document Publishing Software Review
From: Kathy Eyster <kathy -at- NEVADA -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1993 21:58:52 GMT

At last week's STC Annual Conference I had the pleasure of joining
Eric, Matt and Janie for lunch. Among the topics we touched on was
which software packages we produce documents with and which is better.
I recalled an extensive review I'd read in one of the trade magazines
and promised to look up the reference.

In the March 29, 1993, issue of INFOWORLD in the Reviews/Product
Comparison section is an article called "Document Publishing" (pp.
66-75). In it "InfoWorld tests three products to determine which is
best suited for your books and manuals": FrameMaker for Windows
(version 3.0), Interleaf 5 for DOS and DECwrite for Windows (Version
2.0.1). Bottom line from the editors was that Frame was the best value
for the money as well as the best ease of use to power ratio.

I recommend this thorough, well organized review to anyone who's
interested in any of these packages.

Kathy

P.S. Next year's STC Annual Conference is in Minneapolis, MN, not
Milwaukee, WI.
Kathy Eyster Internet: kathy -at- nevada -dot- edu
System Computing Services Bitnet: kathy -at- nevada2
4505 Maryland Parkway Phone: (702) 895-4587
Box 454016 FAX: (702) 895-3791
Las Vegas, NV USA 89154-4016