RE: Show what I'm doing, show what you're doing

Subject: RE: Show what I'm doing, show what you're doing
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 20:56:44 -0500

Nice, succinct explanation. I learned something.
Thanks.

It's similar to what goes on in RD, !m, and other remote desktop apps, but I wasn't sure that was necessarily the model used by those services.

However, I doubt an attacker would need to be in on the connection from the first moment. Full-screen refreshes are not likely a "frequent" occurrence in such a session, but even if they occur only occasionally on the timeframe of internet/web speeds, they're still probably happening several times every minute.

But, on third thought, they must be using link-securing techniques. The transactions wouldn't be sent in-the-clear. So there's still a considerable hurdle even for the most sophisticated and well-heeled bad guys.