Possible to encrypt "free" mail?

Subject: Possible to encrypt "free" mail?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:34:58 -0500

We know it's easy to keep mail private when you
use a carrier-only provider, and you handle the creating,
reading, and archiving locally on your own device(s), rather than
accessing your mail via browser (for services like Gmail).

If you own and control the terminating point, you can perform
public-key exchanges with correspondents, and then send
encrypted mail between/among you, with complete safety
from prying Googles (and other datamining or nefarious eyes).

But if anyone is going to access mail via web interface, while
on-the-go, is that kind of security still possible?

Other than government IT people, does anyone under age 50
even think in terms of private mail? Private anything? :)

I have in mind dealing with contracting companies that have
proprietary info they would need to share with a contracting
techwriter who might not live in the company's office.

- k

or disclosing it.

Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs