RE: Show what I'm doing, show what you're doing

Subject: RE: Show what I'm doing, show what you're doing
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <kevin -dot- mclauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 15:10:35 -0500

Keith Hood wrote:

> Dell makes extensive use of Microsoft Lync. It allows non-simultaneous screen sharing to individual or group conferences. It also has features for recording meetings. I don't know about security concerns, and I have no idea if it has any advantages over any other such software.

My current employer (a Fortune 500 tech company not based in Silicon Valley or Redmond) also uses Microsoft Lync, which added comprehensive conferencing and screen sharing to the instant messaging functionality of MS Communicator. Plus it integreates into all of the MS Office apps. Before Lync, our standard tool for two years was Live Meeting. And before Live Meeting, we used Meeting Place. Lync is clearly the nicest of the three, but one would expect that since it is also the newest of the three by several years.

-Fred Ridder
Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs