RE: Construction terminology question

Subject: RE: Construction terminology question
From: Debbie Hemstreet <D_Hemstreet -at- rambam -dot- health -dot- gov -dot- il>
To: 'Ken Stitzel' <kstitzel -at- symplified -dot- com>, Tech Whirl <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 05:39:43 +0000

You have described EXACTLY what is going on here!

You see, we are in the process of completing the largest underground fortified hospital (2,000 bed) in the world; built to withstand all types of warfare (conventional/unconventional).

This year's calendar is going to have pictures of the whole construction and I am working on the captions. Each month, the picture takes you through one sequential aspect of construction, with the final months showing the finished product and how it will be used.

We HAVE been watching this... another aspect was placing 100 water pumps to pump out over 12,000 cubic meters of water an hour over several months (I think it was a year) to remove all water seepage from the sea (we are on the Mediterranean coast).

The end result will be a 3-story underground 1,500 car parking lot which, within 72 hour, will be turned into a 2,000 bed underground fortified hospital. It is really amazing watching this construction effort!

So, Ken, I think your description hits the mark. Thanks loads!

And if anyone wants to know more about this amazing project, visit rmmj.org.il... I'd give you a more specific link but our website is down at the moment (ARGH!). And please don't complain to me about the English site (or the Hebrew one), we are working on it... and I've finally been given the info I need to start remapping and rewriting the English site...

Anyway, thanks again everyone! Your help is GREATLY appreciated.

Deborah