When should I add index terms?

Subject: When should I add index terms?
From: Joe Weinmunson <litlfrog -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:20:35 -0400

Hello all,

I've done documentation at jobs for years, but I've got my first big,
official project now. I'm rewriting over some VERY outdated help files
for software, creating many new help pages, and assembling them into a
.chm file in Microsoft HTML Help Workshop. My question right now is
about indexing. When should I add terms to my index? Is it easier to
do as I go along and add new pages to the help file, or more efficient
to wait until the project is near completion? Thanks.

--
Joe Weinmunson

Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or
believe to be beautiful.
--William Morris

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com