Re: When to translate what.

Subject: Re: When to translate what.
From: Paresh Naik <paresh -dot- n -dot- naik -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Andrea Koenemann <a -dot- koenemann -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:12:31 +0530

In my group, we follow the method (A) since it gets the localized versions
faster to market. Also, the GUI terms get translated first and thus go in
the translation memory and terminology database first. This helps the
translators to use consistent terms when they are translating the
documentation.

For the clean up, I think you should look at how to better externalize the
GUI stings. We use Property Resource bundles that have key value pairs and
can be translated by using any CAT tool like Trados or Alchemy.

HTH.

Thanks,

Paresh

http://www.doctohelp.com