What to call tabs and tabbed pages

Subject: What to call tabs and tabbed pages
From: "Judith McCrea" <Judith -dot- McCrea -at- citect -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:34:57 +1000

Hi all,
I am documenting a Windows-based product that uses multiple tabs.
I strongly feel that the "tab" is the little edge piece that sticks
(or out) letting you select a page of information which is thus a
"tabbed page". Microsoft refer to this "tabbed page" as a "Tab" but
that's a misuse of English.
How do other writers refer to these "pages"? Is there an agreed term
other than Tab?
Thanks in advance,



WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content
delivery. Try it today! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any popular Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- infoinfocus -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40infoinfocus.com

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.


Previous by Author: RE: looking for feedback re: search engine for uncompiled HTML help
Next by Author: Re: Book to learn Adobe Illustrator CS2
Previous by Thread: Re: Question about copyrights and "open" standards.
Next by Thread: RE: What to call tabs and tabbed pages

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads