RE: What to call tabs and tabbed pages

Subject: RE: What to call tabs and tabbed pages
From: "Poshedly, Ken" <PoshedlyK -at- polysius -dot- com>
To: "Judith McCrea" <Judith -dot- McCrea -at- citect -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:04:56 -0400

Think of it as, "choosing the [topic] tab (for the tabbed page) . . ."
The parenthetical material, of course, is understood but not stated.

And now back to telecommuting, Word templates and if the JonBonet
suspect is really a "wannabe" loony. (Sorry, it's all the rage down here
in Atlanta and in Colorado.)

-- Kenpo

-----Original Message-----
From: techwr-l-bounces+poshedlyk=polysius -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
[mailto:techwr-l-bounces+poshedlyk=polysius -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On
Behalf Of Judith McCrea
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:35 PM
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Subject: What to call tabs and tabbed pages

Hi all,
I am documenting a Windows-based product that uses multiple tabs.
I strongly feel that the "tab" is the little edge piece that sticks
(or out) letting you select a page of information which is thus a
"tabbed page". Microsoft refer to this "tabbed page" as a "Tab" but
that's a misuse of English.
How do other writers refer to these "pages"? Is there an agreed term
other than Tab?
Thanks in advance,



This e-mail message and any attachment contains private
and confidential information and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible
for delivery of the message to such person), please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. Thank you.
Polysius Corp.
Atlanta, Ga. USA
Voice: 770-955-3660
Main Fax: 770-955-8789


WebWorks ePublisher Pro for Word features support for every major Help
format plus PDF, HTML and more. Flexible, precise, and efficient content
delivery. Try it today!

Easily create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to any popular Help file format or printed documentation. Learn more at

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- infoinfocus -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit

To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

What to call tabs and tabbed pages: From: Judith McCrea

Previous by Author: RE: The Tech in Tech Writer
Next by Author: Microsoft optical mouse scroll wheel not functional in Framemaker 7.0
Previous by Thread: Re: What to call tabs and tabbed pages
Next by Thread: What to call tabs and tabbed pages?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads