RE: Recruiters without clues

Subject: RE: Recruiters without clues
From: "Andrea C. Carrero" <andrea -at- wordtex -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:10:53 -0500

Arroxane:

I've gotten response similar to that on and off over the years but more
along the line of secretarial functions--for example, where taking and
distributing meeting notes for all attendees is considered "technical"
writing. :-)

I think your reaction was okay and your response on target, I have a
suggestion for you so you can avoid this in the future: Remove the data
entry line from your resume. First, it's 10 years ago, so you're probably
safe in removing it. Second, data entry (as you point out) has nothing to do
with technical writing. As such, it doesn't belong on your resume at all.

Hope this helps!

~Andrea C. Carrero~
President
Word Technologies Inc.
PO Box 775
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003-0775
856.428.0925
www.wordtex.com

Business/corporate communication and technical documentation
solutions--where individual performance contributes to team success

Arroxane wrote:

Well the recruiter may have 'viewed' my resume, but obviously didn't
READ a bit of it. The title is "Technical Writer/Editor" and there is
only one line which deals with data entry--from a job ten years ago.