Re: Recruiters without clues

Subject: Re: Recruiters without clues
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 12:20:13 -0500

[1]arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com wrote:

Be forewarned: I'm going to rant. But, to make this relevant, I'd like to
informally poll you all to find out how often recruiters make this kind of
error:
"I have just viewed your resume on Monster and I have a position for a
data entry clerk in [location]."
Well the recruiter may have 'viewed' my resume, but obviously didn't READ
a bit of it. The title is "Technical Writer/Editor" and there is only one
line which deals with data entry--from a job ten years ago.

I get those all the time, mostly from Monster. I used to respond, but have
since found the "Delete" key to be my friend. My favorites are the ones
that want an "entry level technical writer," then give the requirements for
a Sr. Technical Writing Manager, but only for a two month contract on the
opposite coast. "Send me your resume if your interested, Mr. Geist." Yeah
right.......DELETE.....
--

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award

See also:
cards for all occasions)
"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry
about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang