Re: different output same hlp

Subject: Re: different output same hlp
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:41:55 -0600

On Thursday, October 21, 2004, Sean Hower wrote:

> Is there a way to do this? Is there a way to hide/show certain topics
> based on regional settings? I'm thinking no, but I figured I'd ask.

Certainly not in WinHelp (*.hlp). There might be a way to do it in
HTML pages, if you can access systems settings and then store the
result as a readable cookie, but I suspect retrieving the settings
would take some amount of programming skills.

David Gash did a presentation at the WritersUA conference last
year about storing cookies in an HTML page, and then using the
cookie to affect what information the user sees. You might want to
see if there are notes running around on his web site --
http://www.hypertrain.com/

Dana W.

Dana Worley
Applications Engineer/Software Support