different output same hlp

Subject: different output same hlp
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:09:56 -0700 (PDT)

I did a quick search on this and didn't come up with anything that seemed applicable.

Here's the thing. Our software displays slightly different options depending on the regional settings on the host PC. We're looking to include information about these items in the help only if our user sees these items. We're looking for a single hlp file that displays different information on some external settings, like the regional settings of the host pc.

I'm talking about build tags, where you end up creating different HLP files from the same source files. I'm looking for a single file that can be distributed to everyone, and will display the appropriate (addional) topics.

Context sensitive help is not an option. What's this help is not an option. Any sort of help/information other than what's in the hlp file is not an option.

Is there a way to do this? Is there a way to hide/show certain topics based on regional settings? I'm thinking no, but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance.

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com