ADMIN: New Article on TECHWR-L Web Site (was: Re: fiction manuscripts being unpublishable for "not being creative enough")

Subject: ADMIN: New Article on TECHWR-L Web Site (was: Re: fiction manuscripts being unpublishable for "not being creative enough")
From: "Lisa M. Bronson" <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:14:58 -0600 (MDT)

Hey everybody!

I've learned a lot about (and done a little bit of) screenwriting in the past few years. The other day, I started replying to this thread because I wanted to share the similarities between screenwriting and technical writing. As I wrote, it evolved into an article for the TECHWR-L Web site, instead.

Look Out Hollywood--Here Come the Technical Writers
Screenwriting = Creative Technical Writing

Have you heard it said that technical writing quashes your ability to be a creative writer? Do you ever think that you?ve trained yourself to do your day job so well that you can no longer produce something in an artistic vein in your spare time? If so, you might want to consider trying your hand at screenwriting!

Read the whole article here: http://www.techwr-l.com/ct.php?link=http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/employmentarticles/lookouthollywood.html

I hope you're all having a great week! :)

Lisa B.

> Might be worth a shot. An awful lot of the movies I see these days do
> appear to be the result of some sort of single-source repurposing of
> previously used content. :)
>
> Gene Kim-Eng

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com