Re: Offshoring Tracker Launched (fwd)

Subject: Re: Offshoring Tracker Launched (fwd)
From: "Ned Bedinger" <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:04:22 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Schwarzman" <steve -at- writersbookmall -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 7:06 PM

> If companies find it economical to send tech writing
offshore, and tech
> writers feel that the resulting work isn't as good as it
should be, it seems
> to me there could possibly be a business model waiting to
be developed.

At the risk of fomenting cut-throat competition, I'll toss
out the logical follow-up:

Talk to the companies that off-shore their work. Find out
what sort of new work has been created. Get to the VP that
is has a clue that the problems could be real, and spin man,
spin. And sell like superman at the flea market. Play it
like the next step is to submit a proposal, then bring it
here to techwr-l for brainstorming. We'll form a
distributed co-operative of problem solvers, we'll generate
proposals, and take airplane rides to close deals. We'll
hire lots of interns, we'll hire project leads and project
managers from the ranks (maybe a lottery?), hire a nice
greedy CEO and some lawyers, go public in a year, spin off
some well-conceived and viable specialty shops to address
the long-term work we find, and sell out the main company to
a multinational vulture capital organization who will soon
realize that we were the driving force and they got nothing,
We'll be back in the fray with another startup before the
ink in their final ledger entry is dry.

I like "Shifting Sands, LLC" as a business name. I also
truly like this plan and will develop it with anyone who is
of a similar mind.

Anyone here have screenplay writing experience?

Ned Bedinger
Edwordsmith Technical Communications Co.
doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com
http://www.edwordsmith.com
tel: 360-434-7197
fax: 360-769-7059

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com