Re: Ooops.... posted my HR humor to the wrong list....

Subject: Re: Ooops.... posted my HR humor to the wrong list....
From: "Ned Bedinger" <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:11:04 -0700

lampoon business-speak isn't
misbegotten, but you need a lot more awareness of the stress
levels and things that raise them among
the people around you. Topics that evoke trauma or
post-traumatic stress are not a good target for
burlesque--you're into the realm of rational and irrational
fear, grief, and emotions that gouge.
There's precious little humor that has earned appreciation
for that.

What you're missing is that many of us grew up in the age of
the Cold War, air raid sirens, nuclear
attack drills, and fallout shelters. We learned Russian in
elementary school and practiced getting
under our desks and shielding our eyes. We were raised
believing the bomb was coming soon enough.
Young life was traumatic like that, right here in the small
towns of the USA in the 1950s. The knowledge
that we're sitting ducks waiting to be vaporized is, well,
different from being fwobbled with a rubber chicken.

BTW, Don't yell "Fire" in a theater, don't wail "We're
gonna crash" in an airplane either. It is
emphatically not funny (NF), and people will genuinely
suffer because of your humor. Best just to realize that it
is never OK. Never do it. I hope you understand..

--Ned