Re: How do I say I do information mapping without Information Mapping?

Subject: Re: How do I say I do information mapping without Information Mapping?
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:12:17 -0700

I'm not sure I'd put that in a resume, but that approach might be perfect
for the cover letter, something along the lines of:

"I've been trained in and long practiced the Information Mapping concepts of
analysis, organization, and presentation to make sure users get the
information they need, when they need it. I'm a strong advocate and regular
practitioner of user-centered information and product design."

Thanks!

Chuck Martin
User Assistance & Experience Engineer
twriter "at" sonic "dot" net www.writeforyou.com

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day
may come when the courage of Men fail, when we forsake our friends and
break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! This day, we fight!"
- Aragorn

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
- Gandalf

<kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com> wrote in message news:235101 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> I'd throw the term into the section of your resume that lists your
> technical skills, gently caveating it.
>
> For example, although I've studied some programming languages, I am FAR
> from being a programmer. But my resume usually includes something like
> this at the end of the specific list of my techie skills:
>
> ? Familiar with basic programming principles used in C, C++, COBOL and
> Visual Basic.
>
> You could do something similar with Information Mapping. And let's be
> honest, that stuff ain't rocket science. I'm astonished at IM's ability to
> legitimize itself as an actual product/skillset. Just common sense and
> some bullets, if you ask me.

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com