Re: Can PageMaker files be opened by another program?

Subject: Re: Can PageMaker files be opened by another program?
From: Jacque Foreman <foremangraphics -at- juno -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:04:55 -0800

PageMaker 6.5 can be opened by InDesign, but the type flows funny. I've
done it a lot of times when PM6.5 has crashed. Also, if the person
exports it to a PDF format, it can be parsed in Illustrator. If it is
only a text file, it can be exported as a Rich Text Format file. If you
have Quark 4, it can import a PM file. As an RTF file, it should be able
to be imported into a wordprocessing file which can be imported into an
FM file.

Hope this helps.

Happiness, joy & laughter
Jacque