Re: Can PageMaker files be opened by another program?

Subject: Re: Can PageMaker files be opened by another program?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:19:12 -0800

Adobe's announcement for FrameMaker 7.1 says it will import
PageMaker files. However, it doesn't say whether it will save
to PageMaker format. My guess is it won't, and if it will it won't
do a very good job of it. If your client has PM files and wants
PM files back, I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and
get the SW. But if you're talking about a one-time job, the
Adobe demos work full-function for 30 days.

Gene Kim-Eng