Can PageMaker files be opened by another program?

Subject: Can PageMaker files be opened by another program?
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:15:41 -0500

I have just received an inquiry about my ability to work with
PageMaker files. I do not have the software, but is it possible for me
to open them somehow and work with the text?

I have Framemaker 5 (and Word, of course).

I would really love not having to say I can't handle those files.

Bonnie Granat
www.granatedit.com

Can PageMaker files be opened by another program?