RE: Speed menu vs shortcut menu

Subject: RE: Speed menu vs shortcut menu
From: "Hauglie, Joe" <jhauglie -at- ti -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:39:41 -0600

Kirsty Taylor asked:

>Hi all,

>I've just come across a term in some training that I'm not familiar with=20
and want to check if it's one that's common in >the industry (or in the=20
industry in the US). The training's in Business Objects and they refer to=
'speed menus'. This >is for the menu you get when you right click on a=20
screen. Normally I'd call that a shortcut menu.

Generally, I have heard these referred to (across multiple disciplines) as
"flying menus," which has been a more apt description and therefore more
readily accepted by the audiences to which they were presented.
Respectfully,

Joe Hauglie
Technical Editor
Technical Information Systems