Re: Dreamweaver upgrades?

Subject: Re: Dreamweaver upgrades?
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:18:47 -0600

Geoff,

I wrote a Dreamweaver book for MX and also MX 2004. I suggest just going to MX 2004 as the two applications have menu items in different places. If you buy MX because it's older and therefore less expensive you will basically have to learn a whole new application when you buy MX 2004.

Michele

--
Michele

I got out of Babylon, but there was no Zion. No Promised Land.
www.krautgrrl.com

Geoff Hart wrote:

I'm currently using Dreamweaver 4 for the Mac, purchased because I found a cheaper copy than upgrading my old copy of Dreamweaver 3. Unfortunately, version 4 doesn't run natively under OS-X Panther. I've heard that there were problems with either the MX or MX 2004 versions, but don't have any details.

I'd like to have something that runs natively under Panther so I don't have to wait for the Classic OS to start up each time I need to play with Dreamweaver. Is it worthwhile upgrading to the MX or MX 2004 versions? Is one less buggy/annoying/otherwise unusable than the other? Reports from the trenches welcome.

--Geoff Hart ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca