Re: Adobe adds product activation

Subject: Re: Adobe adds product activation
From: Clayton Cornell <clayton -dot- cornell -at- redwood -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:45:34 +0200

Watson Laughton wrote:

But I assume he KNOWS what the answer is, otherwise he would not have wasted
the bandwidth with a reply. And the reason I have not read any of the msft
UELA's in the first place is that 1) I don't believe in them 2) it doesn't
matter what I think about what it says, msft Word (or Project or Excel or
Access or whatever) is the program I _have_ to use at that time, and no
matter how offensive the UELA, I'm going to use it. Or to put it another
way, I have no choice.

From the EULA Help for MSOffice:

The End-User License Agreement (EULA) for many Microsoft application software products contains the following sentence: "The primary user of the computer on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is installed may make a second copy for his or her exclusive use on a portable computer." If your EULA contains this sentence, then, subject to the conditions mentioned, you may make a second copy of the software. Note that you must be the primary user of the computer on which the software is installed. The primary user is the individual who uses the computer most of the time it is in use. Only that individual is entitled to use the second copy. Furthermore, the software must be installed on the local hard disk of your computer; you are not entitled to make and use a second copy on your portable computer if you run the primary copy of the software from a network server. Finally, only one secondary copy may be made; you may install this copy on more than one portable computer.

As Goober said, read your EULA for the particular product you want to do this with and see if it contains the release to install a second copy.

Clayton

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com