Re: Windows version number references in docs

Subject: Re: Windows version number references in docs
From: Clayton Cornell <clayton -dot- cornell -at- redwood -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:12:15 +0200

In other words, is the reputation truly deserved? That's my question.
Admittedly, I am asking the wrong people, but I thought it was worth a

The reputation is truely deserved because they claim everything is working perfectly when it isn't. I really don't care for the most part who makes my OS or the software I use every day. If it's a bit wobbly, admit it and work with the users to make it better. It makes me angry when the vendor tries to obsfucate the reality that a particular product is flawed. Microsoft is a master at this. Which is why I choose to use Linux when I can. It's flawed and has to be patched now and then, but at least the guys who write the software are honest about it. So, to answer the poll.... I'd say a minimum of 90%, especially when I look at the stability of applications I use and the hours I spend making the MS specific products work (like getting the online help to compile properly) vs the time it takes me to develop the exact same results in Unix, Linux, Solaris, MAC, VMS etc. You really see it when you are doing cross platform work to 27 different OS types and versions.

C.

lets you easily single-source content to online Help, intranet, and Web. The interface is designed for FrameMaker users, so there is little or no
learning curve and no macro language required! Call 800-718-4407 for competitive pricing or download a trial at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com