RE: Screen Capture Software

Subject: RE: Screen Capture Software
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- pixelink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:44:00 -0400

Goober Writer wrote:

> Why not capture at 1:1 aspect ratio

I'm assuming that you mean a resolution ratio.

> and set printer
> dpi options and scaling from in the DTP application?
> That way you have one 1:1 image you KNOW is crystal
> clear and let the output device do the work it was
> designed to do?

Most of my captures are done with the basic ALT-Print Screen, CTRL-V
sequence. Pasting directly into Word gives me the correct ratio, but
pasting into Photoshop (for annotation), exporting, then importing into Word
changes the ratio. This is predictable enough: Windows works at 96 dpi;
Adobe uses 72 dpi. I adjust the size accordingly when I import (133%)--it's
not perfact, but it's very close. Occasionally I need to tweak one
dimension or the other to account for rounding or truncation in the
calculations. In any event, it's quick and it works for me.

Bear in mind that my deliverables are in PDF, which I set to open at 100%.
Unfortunately, Acrobat doesn't have the nice screen rendering for graphics
that Word does--even Adobe's screen caps suffer from the same foibles.

Cheers ... Kim
kim.roper at pixelink.com
http://www.pixelink.com/

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com