RE: Screen Capture Software

Subject: RE: Screen Capture Software
From: Michael West <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- net -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:12:59 +1000

> Bear in mind that my deliverables are in PDF, which I set to open at 100%.
> Unfortunately, Acrobat doesn't have the nice screen rendering for graphics
> that Word does--even Adobe's screen caps suffer from the same foibles.

I once engaged in a slightly heated debate
with an Abobe apologist at one of their
online forums. My basic question was
"If my screen shots look great in Word, why
do they look bad after I distil to PDF?"

His answer was "Because Microsoft does
it wrong."

Huh?

It's hard to argue with a closed mind. Since
then, I think the Distiller's default handling
of Word screen shots has improved somewhat,
but you can see from the Acrobat online help
that Adobe seems perfectly content with
blurry, fuzzy screen captures in PDF.

--
Mike West

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com