Re: Case Study

Subject: Re: Case Study
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:56:50 -0700

Bonnie Granat wrote:

From my perspective, every post had been an attempt to help the young
lady--until yours. Calling one or all of the posters "obnoxious" is obnoxious,
Bruce.
Observation is not obnoxiousness, Bonnie. Surely rudeness and abruptness at the expense of someone who apparently didn't know better is obnoxious by any standards.

This has happened all too often on this list recently, and I stand by my comment.

If you are absolutely sure that your reply didn't fall into the category I describe, then just assume that I wasn't talking about you.

However, if you do assume that I was talking about you, I gently suggest that you look to your conscience to figure out why you do so.

I deliberately did not mention names, because my purpose was not to get into a flame war, but to protest a growing standard of discourtesy on the list. It doesn't matter to me who was rude. To be honest, until I read your reply, I didn't even recall that you were one of the posters - and it doesn't really matter who else was, either.

What matters was that another round of savage-the-newcomer was being played. Okay?

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Dipping into dustbins, scrambling for a smear,
Sniffing out a scandal: could the fellow be a queer?
Do not be disheartened by what you cannot find,
Embroider or invent if you're inclined."
- Leon Rosselson, "Song of the Free Press"

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com