RE: Who cares about ethics?

Subject: RE: Who cares about ethics?
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:34:28 -0700 (PDT)

Depends.

What's your workload, deadlines, and what permissions
do you have to engage in such activity.

For example, right now I do have some downtime (uuum,
clearly these past couple of weeks) because promised
projects are not being delivered on-time. What this
means for me is some serious unpaid overtime (just
like the last few projects). Does that help?

Usually companies have written rules about use of
company property. Buying stuff online is okay here.
But, some things are not. For example, when I wanted
to receive a fax about a Christmas present for my
wife, my employer told me no. So, I had it sent to my
house instead using my own standalone fax. I found
that out by asking. Usually, you can iron these things
out up-front.

Cheers,

Sean

--- Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> So, I read that including hiring practices regarding
> smokers cheapens a thread about
> ethics. I'll try a different tack then.
>
> Is it ethical to spend company time and resources to
> read an email list?
> Is it ethical to spend company time and resources to
> post to an email list?
> Is it ethical to use company resources to file and
> pay your taxes online from work?
> Is it ethical to use your work computer to do your
> shopping online?
>
> I'm sure I could come up with others. (Hope I've
> stepped on some toes here. <g>)

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/products/robohelp/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com