Tool to download a whole web site?

Subject: Tool to download a whole web site?
From: David Castro <thetechwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 03:48:53 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to know if any of you know of a tool that will parse through a
web site, downloading all of the files to a location on my hard drive.

What I'm contemplating is creating customized web-based help using JSP. It will
be similar to documentation created using FrameMaker's conditional text tags,
only the users will be able to specify the modules they use from a form on the
web site.

However, some of my users may not have access to the Internet. I'd like to be
able to create HTML Help-based help files that are customized for each user.
Basically, I'd go into the customizing page (the one that asks them what
modules they have), and then pull all of the content into temporary HTML files
on my machine. I would then use those HTML files to generate HTML Help.

I know that Adobe Acrobat can pull a whole web site into a PDF file, but I'm
looking for one that can pull a whole site into HTML files.

If anyone knows of a tool that can do this, I'd sure love to know about it.
Thanks!

-David Castro
email -at- davidcastro -dot- com
http://www.davidcastro.com