RE: Software For Students

Subject: RE: Software For Students
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:21:29 -0600

You took that out of context. I had just said that they should study other
things outside of the program. I did not say that they should be in the
program.

That being said, in my first job out of college, there were "writers" from
many different backgrounds: ex-military, mechanics, QA technicians, pipe
layers, typists, and a few other things. Of all of the people there, it was
almost universally agreed that the technical writing grad school dropout was
the worst writer on the project.

Taking English classes does not guarantee you'll be prepared to handle a
tech writing job.