Re: TV term; "color blur"?

Subject: Re: TV term; "color blur"?
From: Yosuke Ichikawa <ichikawayosuke -at- obun -dot- co -dot- jp>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:18:22 +0900

Marsha S. Finley wrote;

I've heard 'color distortion' and 'color variations' used in reference to
displays on different monitors...

I think I'll go with "color distortion".
In following web site I found after I posted my question, "purity error or distortion" is the term the author uses.
Under "4.4) Magnetic interference and shielding";
"When color CRTs must be operated in areas where the magnetic field causes
unacceptable purity errors or distortion..."
Under "6.10) Comments on speaker shielding";
"When loudspeakers - even those little speakers that came with your PC - are
near TVs or monitors, there may be problems with the fringe fields of the
powerful magnets affecting color purity, convergence, or geometry."

Thank you Marsha.
If you ever need to know what something is called in Japanese (unlikely?), I'd be glad to help in return.

****copyright notice for the above web site****
notes on the Troubleshooting and Repair of Audio Equipment and Other Miscellaneous Stuff
Author: Samuel M. Goldwasser
Corrections/suggestions: | sam -at- stdavids -dot- picker -dot- com
Copyright (c) 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
All Rights Reserved
Reproduction of this document in whole or in part is permitted if both of the following conditions are satisfied:
1.This notice is included in its entirety at the beginning.
2.There is no charge except to cover the costs of copying.
****end of copyright notice for web site****

Yosuke Ichikawa
Obun Printing

Previous by Author: TV term; "color blur"?
Next by Author: Re: TV term; "color blur"? [Thanks]
Previous by Thread: TV term; "color blur"?
Next by Thread: Re: TV term; "color blur"?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads