Re: TV term; "color blur"? [Thanks]

Subject: Re: TV term; "color blur"? [Thanks]
From: Yosuke Ichikawa <ichikawayosuke -at- obun -dot- co -dot- jp>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:49:30 +0900

Bonnie Granat wrote;

I think the easiest and clearest way to refer to this phenomenon is to call it electrical interference or just interference.

Barbara Sthulemmer wrote;
A more technical term may be "EMR interference". (Electro-Magnetic Radiation)

First, sorry for my late reply. Its Monday morning here and I just got around to reading your responses.

I didn't give any background info in my original post.
The manual is for a DVD stereo set, and while the supplied center speaker, designed to be placed near the TV from the first, have specially reinforced magnetic shielding, the left and right front speakers are the same as those for a standard CD stereo set, and thus the concern.
Our client understandably wants a note to suggest that the L/R speakers be placed away from the TV if they interfere with the TV.

So, yes, I'll put in "electro-magnetic interference" to refer to the general phenomemon with technical accuracy, *and* also put in description of some of its symtoms (such as color destortion), so that the customer will easily recognize it when this is happening. ("Interference" should be easy enough to understand for a lot of people, but I'm not supposed to make many assumptions in this kind of thing.)

Thank you for your input.

Re: TV term; "color blur"?: From: Bonnie Granat

Previous by Author: Re: TV term; "color blur"?
Next by Author: Three (basic?) style questions
Previous by Thread: Re: TV term; "color blur"?
Next by Thread: Immigration to Canada

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads